Artful Christmas Weekend
28 & 29 November 2020
at Sir Harold Hillier Gardens
The Artful Christmas Weekend brings together a selection of talented artists and makers with a range of high quality arts and crafts in the beautiful setting of the Sir Harold Hillier Gardens Visitor Centre, Romsey, Hampshire.
Now in it’s third year, Artful Christmas Weekend offers the public an opportunity to meet and buy directly from the artists and find unique, quality, handmade gifts.
The event also offers Christmas craft workshops for all ages, and live music from local musicians raising money for charity.
Public access and admission to this event, Hillier’s visitor centre and cafe is free, as is on site parking. Normal charges apply to visit the gardens.
Call For Exhibitors
Applications are now open for artists and makers to take part in our 2020 event.
In light of the uncertain landscape for events over the coming months, we have decided to open our application process as normal, but will be keeping a close eye on government guidance in the hope that we can make a more informed decision as to the viability of this event nearer the time. Our number one priority will be to ensure the safety of exhibitors and customers. We have made some alterations to our payment process and refund policy which we hope will give artists the confidence to apply for this event.
- Closing date for applications will be on Friday 3rd July.
- Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 17th July.
- Successful applicants will be required to return signed t&c’s by 31st July which will act to secure their place and confirm their intention to exhibit if the event goes ahead.
- We will aim to confirm our decision regarding event viability during August 2020. If the decision is made to proceed with the event full payment will be requested from exhibitors by 1st September 2020.
- If the event is cancelled due to Covid-19, exhibitors will be offered a full refund. If in this instance an alternative event or format is proposed exhibitors may opt for a part refund and transfer some of the fee to taking part in the alternative. Details will be provided at the time of notification.
Want to Apply?
We are looking for artists from a range of disciplines to take part in this event, including painting, printmaking, ceramics, woodwork, glass, textiles, sculpture (indoor & outdoor,) photography and metalwork.
We regret that we will not be showcasing jewellers work on this occasion, due to the ACJ’s Winter Jewels exhibition also at Hillier Arboretum on these dates. Jewellers wanting to register their interest for future events may still submit an application form.
The following criteria will be applied in selecting exhibitors for the event:
- Artists products must be their own original work and design.
- Artists products must demonstrate a high standard of presentation and use of materials.
- Pricing and product selection should be attractive to buyers.
- We will seek to represent a range of disciplines and styles, therefore limiting the number exhibitors from each discipline to give the best chance of selling to each stallholder.